Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A working definition of success

Do you have a working definition of success? One that is all yours. That articulates your values and ambitions, not someone else's in your family, or society at large? Have you taken time to evaluate the yardstick by which you measure your own success... or perceived failure?

For some success means lots of money, or fancy cars, their children's academic achievements or glittering promotions. 

But not me. I have always been a wanderer on a different path.

This is the definition of success which I adopted at college, when I fell in love with Emerson:


I am clarifying my work and intentions at the moment as I redesign The Happy Womb, and figure out which projects to give my energy to. 

In that process I have re written my About Page, here at Dreaming Aloud, to give you (and especially new visitors) a clearer idea of who I am and what I do, and what on earth this blog is about anyway!! (Though I am still figuring it out as I go along!)

And so I was delighted to find that although I have three children and a self made career, this is is still my definition.

The only thing I would add to it (apart from appearing on Oprah, and Desert Island Discs!!) is to have lots of my books, well thumbed, sitting on lots of happy women's bookshelves around the globe. And enough money to head off on our travels in a couple of year's time.

What's your working definition of success?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...