Thursday, March 29, 2012

Funding my habit...

You know I love painting, right? In fact I spent the whole of today painting, and looked up and it was five o' clock already. Thought I'd share the pics, before I tell you my big plan!






Painting has become quite a habit, and not a cheap one. So like any addict, I need to find a way to fund my habit...

So, I have decided to do my very first, very own painting exhibition. Woohoo! Rainbow streamers!

Now this is top secret news - between you and me, because I haven't asked the venue yet...and they don't read this blog -  but they'd better say yes because they're family and my paintings rock!

So there you have it - the year of abundant rainbows is where its at - painting - and making some moolah from it ... hopefully!

Plan to sell the paintings themselves and greetings cards made from them there - and I might just zap an etsy store together so the online world can buy prints and cards - wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

14 comments:

  1. I love these and would totally buy one (if in my budget range... which I doubt, alas). Lovely! Go you :)
    Gauri
    LovingEarthMama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news! :) i love your work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top painting in this blog. There is a really friendly happy fantasy type character lurking in their almost like the big fluffy dog like creature from The Dark Crystal or maybe its a happy cuddly dragon like face. Sorry, if this sounds a little daft but it's what I see despite the Geisha/Japanese girl. Honestly, I'm not high or drunk! Really like them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Particularly like the last painting - gorgeous image. Hope you get your show! Etsy next, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly love the second one, oooooh how exciting they're going to be for sale!!!!! Let us all know so we can save our pennies up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all, my dearest cheer leaders! Pricing - now there's a tough one - I am a chronic underpricer - and I HATE having to ask for any money. I do not subscribe to the "price as high as the market will take" so I am going to price equivalent to paintings of their standard and size...

    Angela, darling, you do sound a little stoned ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol if only I had that excuse!

      Delete
    2. hehe! I have been drunk in charge of children the last two afternoons after a happy glass (or two) of wine with friends at summery picnics - enjoying the unseasonably warm weather here!

      Delete
  7. ohh! I would love one! Let me know if you have some sort of gallery and pricing up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are incredible, Lucy! You are so multi-talented. I love the first two in particular. Can't wait to hear how your show goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. will you do an online gallery as well?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art is amazing Lucy!!! wow I hope you get to sell all of them! I feel like you are riding one wave after another!! well done x

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...