Thursday, March 22, 2012

Conception 2012 - Vision for a new world

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

To create consciously requires four things: vision, an impulse to create, a willingness to surrender to the creative power and action.

I invite you all to join me in visioning the sort of world you want to live in. Watch my video invitation here!    (First video - eeek! I AM BRAVE!!!!) For  more on the Birth 2012/ Conception Day project, see my earlier post. And for info on Wilde Tribe see here.

Before I share my vision - I invite you to open yourself to creating your own. Grab a pen and paper, perhaps some coloured pencils or paints too. Dream big, dream deep. Breathe deeply into your belly. Turn off the lights, light a candle. Close your eyes and ask yourself: what is my deepest vision for the world? Sit with that question. Breathe some more. Then without judgement or censorship spill this onto the paper. You can edit later, you can correct it tomorrow. For now, just dream... aloud!


Look at it with the eyes of love and possibility, not criticism and logic. Behold your vision in its completeness. It already exists in your mind and heart. Close your eyes again. Imagine actually seeing how it would look in reality in its completeness. Open your eyes, allow this glimmer to infuse the world in front of you right now. Breathe, feel the earth beneath your feet, and for this moment, do nothing extra.

***

Having done this process myself, here is my vision.

A community. Gathered round a candle flame, a bonfire, a central flame, a community is individuals are drawn together – through common bonds, common needs, a common love, to share their talents, to care for all, to celebrate and mourn.


This is how it has always been. Since the dawn of time. This is how it is now. This is how it must be. 

We have learned so much, come so far... and lost so much. 

I dream of a community connected through myriad interactions – that knows its powers and its frailties – that rather than seek to impose itself on all others, to decimate them, relearns the old art of hospitality of learning from and honouring the stranger. 


A community cradled in nature, rooted in nature, that honours its inter-dependence – that holds to permaculture priniciples, that knows what is enough and is deeply grateful for all it has. 

One that honours the spirit at the centre – the unknown and unknowable. 


One which honours its women for their creativity and life-giving abilities and its men for the strength of their bodies and their hearts. One which above all else, on every level is built on a partnership model. 


One which honours the development of young people on every level. 

One which uses its technologies with wisdom and compassion to the highest good of all.

One which understands that to heal is wholeness, that the mind as well as the body must be ministered to.

One that seeks to cultivate and step back, rather than force and control.



One that honours creativity and the voice of the individual and communal spirit- that does not denigrate one for the other. One that does not compel belief.

One connected to the cycles and the seasons – of world and individual life –which honours the changing seasons – that celebrates and mourns- that understands that nature is always in flow – as are we.

One which knows that the human heart holds courage, mystery which can so easily be clouded by doubt and fear. One which prompts us day after day, minute after minute to chose love over fear.

I see joined hands – tree branches round a lake reaching to the sky with gratitude and openness, reaching into the ground with roots for comfort and sustenance from the earth.

I see how close we are. How all we need do is reach through the veil and we are there.

I see us all.



9 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy I would like to buy that painting - Im serious! is it for sale?!!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted to be part of this dreaming community! Great first video, Lucy!!

    I've posted the beginning of my new dream - resurrecting the Flower Power movement: Be peace. Be love.

    It gives me energy to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, after reading this I kinda went all goosebumpy(is that a word lol), anyway, I want to do something but what....alas I am a terrible artist, no good at crafting but my heart is in there somewhere. Thank you for stirring something :)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Loran!

    Sue - your words, your private vision are enough - there is no need to make art... unless of course you want to. What is important is that we take time to let our vision clear, our dreams emerge, in their biggest, clearest form, and once they are there in our minds, in our language of thoughts and words, the chances of them coming out into our actions is necessarily increased. But then if we take the next step of conscious action, their power is increased again.

    But all that can come. For now all you need is to let your highest vision bubble up - free from worry, free from anxiety, free from worldly conditions - allow yourself to dream.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely to see and hear you Lucy!! your vision is so similar to what I have been bringing to fruition for the past 8 years....I keep having to remind myself this is why I'm living in a caravan in West Wales!!! I am part of a beautiful community here and hoping to build a smaller eco community as within the local community...we are starting simple, planting trees and planting seeds and networking. I have complete trust this is where i am meant to be...the next 9 months will be exciting, seeing what unfolds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo dahling, what a wonderful world you've created.

    I'm with you 1,000%!

    The Dalai Lama said, "The world will be saved by the western woman."

    I believe that's because we're focused on creating a rebirthed world!

    Bliss-ings,
    the goddess known as Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done a Conception post too :-)

    http://www.feetonthegroundandheadintheclouds.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for continually inspiring me x

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...