Saturday, March 5, 2011

Walking Labyrinths of Sand

Today was a celebration.
More than 20 groups throughout the UK and Ireland gathered.
To celebrate...
Creativity,
Togetherness,
Nature,
Love,
Peace,
Being alive,
Being Women,
In honour of 100 years of International Women's Day.
At 12 noon, 
The Flare groups connected in spirit.
We hope our sisters had as wonderful a time as us.

This was our gathering.
You are welcome to join in spirit too...

An icy cold mist and wind surrounded our corner of East Cork, Ireland. 
A true sea mist.
I walked the forty minute walk to our local beach.
With our baby in the buggy
Forming a plan as I walked...
Still unsure as to what we would do...
Or who would be there...
The circle of stones series from this week was circling in my mind
I had a few of my favourite books with me...
Labyrinths of Birth with lots of labyrinth seeds
Make it Wild - for ephemeral art inspiration
and of course Circle of Stones if readings were needed...

Shanagarry strand in the mist
The way to Garryvoe...before we worked our magic!
The island, in all its misty glory
rivers of sand...


I started to scribble on the beach as I waited...

For the women arriving...and to entertain local walkers


We were four...very chilly ladies...with warm hearts and cold faces! And two sleeping babas!
We drew a labyrinth in the sand for us...and whoever else might discover it...
Stand in the footprints...at the threshold...take a breath...and enter in mindful awareness
We walked it...weaving webs in and out of each other...it was really special
We made a spiral of stones, with the white bands flowing through...

Just as we were finishing...the male energy arrived...jet ski!
As we were leaving a little girl and her granddad  found the labyrinth and started to walk it!
It was too cold to have a picnic, so Saturday Pizzas it was...with our dearest families
Full bellies...full spirits and hearts...wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. I love it Lucy. Sadly Rachie's hockey and Reuben's rugby kept me away. I am having a moment of calm imagining being on the beach while looking at your photos. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing time you had. thought of you all. boys have soccer matches at weekends so still no rest for us, but was with you in spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like it was just so wonderful x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, well done for taking the space. I was super creative yesterday whilst you were walking; painted some little lambs for Tegan's bedroom to make her feel better & finished 2 other paintings x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Glad you had a wonderful time. If I wasn't on a slightly different lump of rock I'd have swung by :-) Enjoyed all the posts leading up to it and the piccies though.

    I was inspired by your banana loaf making and have bought one bunch extra. My lot are total monkeys though so i bet they'll all disappear before I can say banana cake!

    All good things and best wishes, and happy belated womens day
    from mrs. motherfunker x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you all couldn't make it. You were with us in spirit!

    Happy banana cake making MF, I just had two slices for my breakfast and feel a whole lot happier! Boy am I TIRED!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...